Home Current Affairs/Features Netanyahu comments on the targeting of employees of the “World Central Kitchen” organization in Gaza

Netanyahu comments on the targeting of employees of the “World Central Kitchen” organization in Gaza

by Suchanaadainik
0 comment
While leaving the hospital : Netanyahu comments on the targeting of employees of the “World Central Kitchen” organization in Gaza

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu admitted that the Israeli army “accidentally” killed 7 aid workers in an air strike in the Gaza Strip.

Netanyahu said as he left Hadassah-Ein Kerem Hospital, in the city of Jerusalem, after undergoing surgery: “Unfortunately, a tragic event occurred last day in which our forces unintentionally harmed non-combatants in the Gaza Strip. This happens in war.”

He added: “We are conducting a comprehensive investigation and communicating with governments. We will do everything to prevent this from happening again.”

These statements were preceded by the Israeli Prime Minister saying: “I have now left Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital, which became my office last day. We continued working even from here.”

He continued: “I would like to thank Professor Piekarski and the wonderful medical team at Hadassah-Ein Kerem who successfully performed surgery on the hernia that I suffer from, and I would also like to thank the masses of Israeli citizens for sending me their best wishes for recovery. I am recovering, thank you.”

IDF spokesman Daniel Hagari said earlier in the day that he “spoke to the organization’s founder, Jose Andres, and “expressed to him the IDF’s condolences to the families of the deceased and the entire World Central Kitchen family.”

Hagari pointed out that “the task of investigating the incident will be entrusted to  the Israeli army’s Fact-Finding and Evaluation Unit.”

The organization confirmed earlier today: “7 of our employees were killed in an Israeli strike on the Gaza Strip , while our team was leaving a warehouse in Deir al-Balah, despite coordination with the Israeli army.”

According to the organization, the dead were from “Australia, Poland, the United Kingdom, and dual citizens from the United States, Canada, and Palestine.”

The seven victims worked for the US-based World Central Kitchen organization, which delivers food aid to the war-ravaged Strip by sea from Cyprus.

The American organization said that it temporarily suspended its operations after the “targeted Israeli strike” yesterday, Monday.


#Netanyahu #comments #targeting #employees #World #Central #Kitchen #organization #Gaza

You may also like

Leave a Comment

iraazkhanal

Suchanaadainik.com  is your ultimate destination for comprehensive and up-to-date information. Serving as a one-stop information provider, it offers a wide array of news articles, features, and insights across various topics including politics, business, entertainment, sports, technology, and more. 

Editors' Picks

Latest Posts

Copyright  © 2024 Suchanaadainik.com | All Rights Reseved

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?
-
00:00
00:00
Update Required Flash plugin
-
00:00
00:00